Sunday, May 6, 2012

Starquest Miniatures - Androids

As promised I started painting some of the Starquest miniatures. Since I am really out of painting and never used a airbrush I thought of using this miniatures for some experiments.The first miniatures I chose are the androids (very similiar to the Necrons of Warhammer 40k).

Androids of Starquest

My goals for the miniatures were:
  1. Using the airbrush for basecoating and preshading
  2. Trying some OSL on the eyes
  3. Using my bases from the pigment experiment
 A failed goal is to make some decent pictures. I really have to build a kind of photo booth...

What I did was:
Basecoating the whole miniature in black, then building up some highlights with grey and white by airbrushing just from a point straight above the head of the miniature. I then drybrushed everything with mithril silver.
After that I shaded some parts with badab black and made some hard edge highlights on the weapons.
Then I tried the OSL on the eyes (and on the weapons, since I thought this thingies look like energy valves or something like that). For that I used two greentones from Vallejo (GC 72028 and GC 72105) for the eyesockets and valve and a glaze from these two for the surroundings. Then I used putrid green for the first highlight and glaze and made a final highlight with skull white.

Android from the front
Android from the back

I am not displeased with the result. The pictures look worse than the original miniature. Especially with the OSL I am pretty pleased since it is the first time I tried this.

So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts