Thursday, July 26, 2012

Long time, no see - Distractions, Progress and Summer Flu

Hey girls and guys, sorry for being on the slow lane at the moment. First I had a day off and celebrated my birthday in the biggest funpark here. On top of that I had the last days a training course which was very interesting but really much information and input for my working life. Then my computer nearly crashed after buying ind installing a new graphic card and last but not least my wife and I cought a summer flu. Fever at now 30 - 34°C is not really funny.

But nonetheless I made some small progress with my stuff. As stated in one of my last articles I want to rebase my old models from the nineties. While I was at this task, I also made me a base for my warp lightning cannon and a testbase for some unit filler or multibase. Its nothing special or fancy, I just wanted to show you some progress.

Rebased some old skaven
Rebased some old stuff

On the picture you can also see one of my birthday presents I got: a cutting mat. I am very happy that I finally got one and its not a bad one from the one euro store, but a full self-regenerating one. Pretty cool and really big. Thanks to my parents-in-law at this point :)

Cutting mat
Cutting mat

And last but not least a picture of the root of all evil at the moment, my new graphics card. I finally switched from my old GForce 8800GT to a Radeon HD 6780. Wanted some more power, because I found myself another distraction from paining, a new MMORPG (but this is another story to be told).

Radeon HD 6870
Radeon HD 6870

But the outcome of this: I have to re-setup my computer. New OS, new harddrive, reinstalling everything... But then I will finally be able to make use of my quadcore and the power this monster under my desk has :)

Things to come

At the moment I am preparing some reviews and am thinking of making two new HowTos. And I will try fulfill the wish of Blacksmith and make some pictures of the complete descent miniatures I have from Descent - Journeys in the Dark.

So stay tuned,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts