Monday, September 30, 2013

MMM - The Doctor's Wife

Waiting for the dentist from Mike Savad
Picture from Mike Savad
After visiting the Dentist once again today (lucky me only for a follow up check) and getting examined by the "doctors wife", which does the substitute at the moment, this song nearly immediately came to my mind for my (unregular) Monday Morning Music post:

The picture is "Waiting for the dentist" from Mike Savad. Check his page he has some more nice pictures there!

"The Doctor's Wife from The Clockwork Quartet"



Yes I know the text doesn't match my morningly visit but I really like this song :)


To not only just post a video:
There is another thing I noticed the last days/weeks. It seems that Blogger did something with their statistics. I know from a directory service which generates traffic on my blog but isn't listed in the stats anymore and it really seems that something about the bot spamming has been done. On the one hand this is really nice, it seems that only real humans (or at least traffic from other blogs) is tracked. But it also is some kind of disillusioning since I now just get only a handful of hits if I don't post anything.
But no I am not disencouraged by this, as stated in one of my last comments to Sean this thingy here is not for generating traffic or making money through ads (which is btw: 12 € for this whole year of blogging and Google only pays the cheque if you get over 70 bucks) but for fun and language training :)

And I can welcome some new followers:
James from Exiles Wargames Painter and Andrew from Lokis Great Hall. There is one more but I couldn't find him or her in the list. Perhaps he/she is following me invisible or via mail.
Welcome aboard! Take a seat, grab some cookies and Enjoy the view. Tea will be served soon.


So long,
Paradox0n

6 comments:

  1. When I saw the title I thought of the episode of Doctor Who, "The Doctors Wife"

    I noticed that those webcrawlers are gone as well and we're all back to dealing with reality. On some days that can be grim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope no Doctor Who but nice association, wouldn't have come into my mind. Probably because the episode is named different in the german version. But lying on the dentist chair sometimes makes you feel like the Daleks are coming for you :D

      Delete
  2. Heh, I hadn't noticed that the bots were gone. Good news indeed.. now to check back and see what impact that has on the old blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it has a big impact. Didn't know how much traffic was generated by bots. First thing I mentioned was that only direct links from other blogs where listed in the stats but traffic was normal (which a good tracker should do). But now I sometimes have 5 (!!!) hits a day. Seems that the complete crawling and redirecting is also thrown out in the stats. Blogger statics is know even more picky than Adsense or the like...

      Delete
  3. i'd like you to include my link http://www.MikeSavad.com back to my site if you plan on using my image without permission, thanks


    ---Mike Savad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I will gladly do that. Searched for the owner but didn't find it adhoc.
      Please tell me if the backlinks are now OK for you.

      If you don't want the image to be display at all please say so, then I will remove it immediately.

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts