Saturday, April 16, 2016

More information about MKIII

Nearly a week ago, Privateer Press anounced the new edition for Warmachine/Hordes. Slowly information is trickling into the public and to be honest: I am quite hyped about the bits and pieces that are made public now and are collected in the different communities. Not everything is shiny, but hey I am used to edition changes in Warhammer Fantasy so this can only get good *crossing my fingers* :)

Ok, so let's dig a bit deeper into the stuff and add information to my last post about this topic. This time I try to give also a bit of my opinion to the changes/rumours I picked up.


75 is the new 50 and 50 is the new 35

Points are increased throughout the whole game. It is not exact a doubling of point costs, but overall it seems they increased points. They state that if you are used to a model size today of 50 points it will be roughly 75 points in the future, if you are used to 35 it will be 50.

This change is interesting: I think that will give them a good opportunity to balance models better. I don't know MKI where they had even bigger point costs (which seems to not work well) but MKII was at some points a bit unbalance in point costs. Sometimes you asked yourself: Why do these model cost the same, even if one is cleary stronger. Sure point balance is always a thing, because you also have to count in synergies, counters etc. pp. Therefore I think this could be a good thing that they change something there.


Psychology will change massively

Fear, Terror, and Massive Casualty tests are gone it seems. So they have to rework many models especially Horde solos and beasts. Seems like they want to get rid of fleeing units somehow.

This is a bit unclear to me. I LOVE psychology for your troups. For me this was always a fun factor in games. Nothing more fun than tiny troupers covering in fear from a HUGE battle beast. Or running away if there unit was nearly annihilated in one attack. I have mixed feelings about this one, but not enough information yet about this.


Premeasuring officially allowed 

We have come to believe that eyeballing spatial relations should not be a required skill to play WARMACHINE and HORDES.
Finally! Yes! I know that this is a extremely heated topic. In the Warmachine/Hordes communities you will find lots of emotional and heated discussions about this topic. But for me this gets rid of one of the most annoying things in the game: the hidden measuring over command areas. Yes, it is awesome if you can estimate a 16,5 inch distance (anyone remebers how warmachines worked in earler editions ofWHFB?) but for a competitive game this should not be a prerequisite. I really loved that change in WHFB 8th edition, I love it in KOW and I am pretty sure that they will do it right in Warmachine/Hordes.


Changes to War Room/Faction decks

With the change to the new edition, all faction decks will be updated and have to be rebought. Additionally War Room has gone through a big change, therefore you have to re-buy the decks you already own. Decks bought after January 1st 2016 will get a free update. We others shall get them at a discount.

That was to be expected. Still sad that we have to spend money again but War Room decks are already awesome and I just hope that they reworked the app a bit that it gets more stable and performant.


If you want to get more information, please follow the links to the official sources:


Ok that is it for now. There is already more in the pipeline so expect at least one more post about this :)


So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts